Apr 2, 2018

It came from the Toy Chest: No he can't see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch...

I am talking about Tri-Klops... Filmation style...
In my rush to recreate an infamous pose, I may have forgotten to take the MOC Pic.
He sees everything, everywhere, but he's never looking when Adam transforms into He-Man. He's amongst the least incompetent villains of Skeletor.

Articulation:
Standard Filmation sub-line Articulation in theory. He has the new ankle artiArticula, while less unsightly than the He-Man Rockers, it's range is slightly less... His thighs seem a bit loose. Not figure will fall loose, but slightly looser than I'd like.
We cannot speak Articulation without mentioning the visor issue. Many Tri-Klops visors are stuck. I don't know if it's paint that is not fully dry when the head is attached. I don't know if it's glue that is being added by mistake. I don't know if the plastics are having a strange reaction and the result is a sort of chemical bond. All I know is that My Tri-Klops visor was fused shut. I had to pop the head, heat it up, and attempt to pry the visor loose with an ingrown toenail tool.
I think it's glue, seeing that the head has an odd colored glob on the side of the peg where the visor attaches to the head. Also that section feels slightly odd.
4.0

Paint and Sculpt:
He looks Filmation, but in a Classics style buck, which makes him a bit too bulky. That's why it's impossible to redo the infamous "gay pose" that haters use to mock MOTU. BUT the bulkiness is a problem stemming from Mattel quarter-assing things... And now S7 is following in their footsteps.
Paintwork is decent... The Vintage toy color choice is, well, let's leave it to a professional:

4.5

Accessories:
A Blaster
Mini Comics sword.
4.0

Overall:
Tri-Klops gets a 4.16 as his final score. He passes. While there have been some odd QC issues on the wave, the potential for an amazing figure is there. Super7 NEEDS to iron out these links for wave 2. Otherwise Wave 3 might be a dream that will not become real.

No comments:

Post a Comment