Feb 1, 2018

It came from the Toy Chest: Duel of the Panthers...

Black Panthers that is... Could you imagine a duel of Pink Panthers?


This title gives you a hint of the figures I'll be reviewing: Killmonger and T'Challa.

Right out the bat, I have a complaint: The Marvel formula strikes again: Villain is a mirror of hero.
This is how Killmonger is supposed to look like. Yet we're stuck with Black Panther... But evil.
The trailers show Killmonger wearing a mask similar to his comic book mask. Why couldn't we have gotten that as an extra head... I know it's not "Movie accurate" but chances are slim for a comic version of Killmonger, so getting a nod would have been nice.

Normally, this is the part where I explain the Characters, but I'll let the upcoming movie do that.

Articulation:
Both have the same Articulation, even if they have different bodies, their ranges are very similar. My Killmonger has a loose left bicep though. I just wish their legs had a bit better range on their thighs. Being unable to do the splits hurts both panthers a bit.
4.5

Paint and Sculpt:
Here they different a bit. I already mentioned that the Sculpting is different on them. I'd say Killmonger looks more like his comic book version, while T'Challa looks more MCU-like. A few silver accents break the black in T'Challa. On Killmonger, the paint is a bit sloppy on his face, but the body has a few black spots on the deep brown coloring that makes him look badass. These subtle spots are very hard to see.
4.5 for T'Challa 5.0 for Killmonger.

Accesories:
Both have their BAF piece.
T'Challa has an extra head and hands
Killmonger has extra hands and two weapons.
I kinda wish that Killmonger had an extra unmasked head or the Comic Book mask.
Both get a 5.0

Overall:
T'CHALLA gets a 4.66 while Killmonger gets a 4.83 and it's odd. While I kinda dislike that Killmonger is a bleh, knockoff due to the Marvel formula, the toy scored better than T'Challa, who feels a bit vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment