Feb 22, 2018

Flinging popcorn at Hagane no Rekinjutsushi live action.

Elric Brothers lost their mom, tried to bring her back. It cost an arm and a leg to the eldest, and the body of the youngest and the mom came back defective. Now the boys travel the land trying to find the Philosopher's Stone to return the youngest to his body.
It almost sounds like a faithful adaptation of the manga?
Ehhh... I'd Say about 55% faithful.

It was better than Deathnote, or Dragon Ball Evolution. It wasn't great, either...
It needed a white cast... Because Amestris is an European ersatz, and seeing too many Japanese folk pretending to be European felt almost like a minstrel show... Oh God! I'm sounding like an SJW... But in reverse...
Ok, all jokes aside. While the costumes were accurate, they looked more like cosplayers than the Characters.

The movie suffered of cramming too much and it's rather obvious that they want a sequel or too like it happened with Kenshin.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but avoid it... Stick to the anime. Now ImI going to wash of my brain by watching Woody Woodpecker the live action movie... Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment