Jan 13, 2018

It came from the Toy Chest: Stop saying my aunt is hot!

And I mean Marissa Tomei levels of hotness... So, do the math... Marissa Tomei IS Aunt Hottie... This means I'm reviewing a Tom Holland as Spider-man figure. A Marvel Legends Homecoming Spidey figure to be precise... So this is interesting. I own a Tobey Man and a Ton Holland Spidey, but I avoided Andrew Lasagna eating cat Spidey. Why would I do that?

Do I have to explain who is Spidey again?

Articulation:
Since it's Spidey he gets the MVC test...
And I'm a little disappointed here. He can pull off the more difficult MvC stance, that the Marvel Select Spider-man  couldn't the web yo-yo leaves a bit to be desired. If he can't do the yo-yo, then the crawler pose is a fail as well...
3.5
Spidey: Spider-man's tingling.
DP: (in faux Aussie accent) Crikey! The elusive
Spoider-man! They say his stingers are capable of Knocking out a grown man! Good thing I have a healing factor, eh?

Paint and Sculpt:
While Articulation may have shortcomings, the paint and Sculpt on the figure POP!  There's some shading on the web shooters, but there is some slight paint bleeding on the hands. The Sculpt is awesome and I kinda wish a repaint of this figure in Scarlet Spider colors.
4.5

Accessories:
Extra alternate hands (to have two closed fist and two thwip! hands)
Alternate hoodie piece.
BAF piece...


I feel like he needed at least 4 more hands:
Crawling and gripping come to mind.
4.0

Overall:
Homemade costume MCU Spidey gets a 4.0 which is decent but he could've been a bit better. I blame the Vulture BAF.
DP: Let me help you slip into something
sexier and superheroy...
Spidey: I need an adult
DP: I am an adult and a member of NAMBLA.
Spidey: Please be the North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes...
DP: The other one... North American Mutate Brotherhood of Lethal Assault.
Spidey: whew!
DP: Oh, I'm still going to knock boots with you.

Previously on It Came from the Toy Chest:

Spidey: How did I get this suit?
DP: Who needs Tony Stank when I have 4th wall powers!
Spidey: So you saw me naked?
DP: Yeah... You're no Tobey, but at least you look better than Andrew Garfield... ALSO, your Aunt's H-O-T!! HOT!
Spidey: Leave my Aunt out of this!?
So, this is Homecoming Spidey with the Tony Stank Suit...
Not going to explain Spidey yet again...
Articulation:
It's slightly better than the previous Spidey. Sadly mine has a loose Torso and head, which makes him topple over most of the time. He can pull off the key Spidey poses better, but not as good as the ToyBiz versions. Tobey-man 2 Spidey is still King.
4.5

Paint and Sculpt:
There's some slight slop on the figure. Mine had a white splotch on his left hand... Yes it looked like he pulled a Shinji. I was able to scrape off the splotch off his hand.
The Sculpt captured the Spidey look pretty well.
4.5
DP: I so wanna give him a wedgie!

Accesories:
2 extra hands
Extra squinting head
Armpit webs
Vulture wing piece.
He needed 4 extra hands, gripping and wall-crawling to be perfect.
4.5
DP: Now that Disney bought Fox, we could team up!
Spidey: I'd rather deal with Howard the Duck.
DP: Ducktits, woohoo!

Overall:
This Spidey gets a 4.5 as his final score. He's mildly better than homemade suit, but mine was a bit wonky. I'm almost tempted to complete the wave of I see the figures, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment