Dec 31, 2017

Rebuilding The Room

The Disaster Artist is not coming to Puerto Rico. I'll have to wait until it comes out on Blu-ray. So to get my appetite for The Room I rewatched the movie. Saw multiple reviews and began pondering, what IF The Room was directed by someone else. What if someone else played Johnny. Someone else did a small project, as I was searching for a transcript of the movie to do my own edit. They did an adaptation of the movie and culled a lot of the scenes that led nowhere, also a lot of stuff was changed. They even made Lisa somewhat sympathetic. The only choice I disagree with is the ending. Other than that, it almost shows the potential that the source material has.

The main problems with the original movie are Repetitive dialogue and plot points that are pointless, not to mention Tommy Wiseau, who at the time wasn't skilled enough to pull off what he originally intended. Which is why the movie is unintentionally funny. I wanted to rewrite The Room, polish the Polish out of it... Yes, it's a pun on the rumored Polish origins of Wiseau. I wanted to cull some of the repetitive dialogue/scenes, fix some dialogue issues... First introduce the word fiancee to it. Condense Claudette scenes, fix the flower shop scene. Reenact some of the scenes done multiple ways to prove my point. From over the top acting (think Bison), super subdued, a naturalistic approach, and horrible Wiseau impressions as close as possible as the original one. Unfortunately, logistics (time and money) got in the way.

I still wish more people attempt to "fix" or rebuild The Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment