Dec 11, 2017

It came from the Toy Chest: 20% cooler Aquaman

Of course, I am talking about The Submariner, Namor, the better Aquaman from Marvel.
Normally, I'm a fan of Speedo Namor, but this was a present and gift horse and all that. So, like Aquaman, Namor is the leader of his Atlantis. Half Atlantean (Homo Mermanus) and Half Mutant (Homo Superior) the brooding leader of Atlantis who's had a thing for Sue Richards, (who'd blame him) has been a staple in Marvel from before Marvel was Marvel. He even was part of the Illuminati.

Articulation:
Namor has standard Hasbro ML articulation, which is decent. It allows for some swimming poses, especially with the alternate hands.
Some poses are a bit hard to maintain without a stand... (Not included)
4.5
Paint and Sculpt:
The paint job is decent. No visible bits of slop on my figure. I KNOW HE HAS PARTS FROM OTHER FIGURES, but since I've been off the ML game for ages, I can't ID the parts. He's far more flexible than my old ToyBiz Namor, which is a good thing. But the only issue I have is that his trident has a shaft that's too thick for him to hold easily.
5.0

Accessories:
Extra hands
Trident
He needed a stand... Good thing I still have the ToyBiz Namor, so I can steal his stand.
3.0
Overall:
Namor gets a 4.16 as his final score.  I kinda wish he had something more, namely a stand to pose him in cool flight/swimming poses. Better be on the lookout for the Black Panther wave to have a Speedo Namor

No comments:

Post a Comment