Sep 26, 2017

Torn on the idea of Darkstalkers figures...

While no one is making Darkstalkers figures yet, with MvC:I out, I guess someone must want them. With no power I haven't been able to buy the game, much less play it. Need to pretend that I'm a somewhat responsible adult.

I KNOW I KINDA DID A SIMILAR RANT A WHILE BACK. But, now we have a few things in favor of the Darkstalkers...

MVC4 for starters. We have a few Darkstalkers in the game to nudge the desire for a 4th game and even figures.

Storm Collectibles doing the SFV figures... Just imagine Darkstalkers and Street Fighter figures in the same scale. This could allow for some parts to be reused or retooled for Darkstalkers.

Cost of the items would be the main drawback. They aren't Play Arts Kai expensive, but some Storm Collectibles items are a bit on the expensive side. Zangief, Shao Kahn, I'm looking at thee.
Guessing that Huitzil, Anakaris, Sasquatch and a few other Darkstalkers might be expensive... that is assuming Storm Collectibles ends up doing them.

I understand that many of the zany moves from many of the characters wouldn't be feasible in the real world, as toys, I mean.
But if we can recreate SOME of the key moves. We can't have like say a figure covering energy blast for Talbain's Beast cannon, but we could have an energy blast to put behind the figure and some clip-on pieces to kinda simulate the aura surrounding Talbain when using The Beast Cannon.
I can see why a company wouldn't risk doing Darkstalkers... maybe Capcom needs to push the Darkstalkers a bit more... Like a Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers game...

No comments:

Post a Comment