Sep 19, 2017

This whole F5 Hurricane Maria thing is scary.

Saying that I'm afraid is an understatement. The Hurricane is meant to reach Puerto Rico tomorrow. Power may be gone for who knows how long. Due to my new job, I HAVE to be on duty DURING the Hurricane, which scares me. I don't know what's going to happen and the uncertainty is scary.
There's lots of things that I'm worried about, family, friends, my place, my vehicle. Some of you may think: Material stuff can be replaced. Sure, some things can be replaced, others, not so much.

Out on my own is such a scary place... almost as scary as Zac Efron looking at a bad CGI reflection of himself. It's times like these where I feel so alone. I want to hide under a blanket and cry, but that won't solve anything. Duty calls and I must answer the call. Sure, I am crapping my pants right now, but I have to do what I have to do. Like I stated a while back when Irma was coming:

No Power = No PC Usage. No PC Usage = No Internet. Will try to be safe
We dodged a bullet with Irma. With Maria we seem to be running out of luck. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post consistently and the past few days I've been posting from my cellphone, which it isn't as fun.

I haven't been able to comment on the deaths of Harry Dean Stanton, Bobby Heenan, Frank Vincent, or Len Wein... and with a Hurricane coming through, I don't feel like it. All I can say is my condolences to their families.

The craziest thing is that between my two jobs... Cue the Rochelle Clip!

The whole electric power issues and all that might mean that I COULD MISS OUT ON:
My Little Pony: The Movie
Thor Ragnarok
Justice League



Hopefully the damage from Maria will be minimal...


No comments:

Post a Comment