Aug 23, 2017

It Came from the Toy Chest: My First MOTUC Super7 Style...

My first MOTUC Figure was Teela. She was meant to come out of the toy chest way back in late 2009-early 2010, but I lost the original SD Card that had the pictures for the review. I still couldn't find it after moving... (Nor the Vintage Mossman MOTUC head and a few selection of accessories that seem to be MIA... kicking myself in the dick for that.) Still mad about the non resealable packaging. So sad that her package got messed up, which forced me to open her. Which explains why the massive delays on me reviewing The Ultimates.

Do I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHO IS TEELA?
Tomboy, Best Friend of Adam/He-Man, Mother of Dare, Heir to the Sorceress of Grayskull, Adopted daughter of Man-at-Arms... That Teela...

Note: I Cannot compare her with the Original Matty Teela because:
-Most of My MOTUC are still in storage. Haven't had enough time to properly set up a display for them.
-My Teela had some paint issues that needed touch ups way after the figure arrived. (some paint from her bracers chipped off. (Due to the shield clip.)


Articulation:
Seeing that this is a reissue, er... First Issue Teela by Super7 using the Mattel Molds from 2009 (and some remade molds) Her Articulation is pretty much the same as the First Issue Teela by Mattel. Her Dress is slightly more pliable than her 2009 counterpart, but still a bit rigid. On the plus side, she HAS the Battleground Evil Lyn Bracers!! Yay!! The Negative side is that the heads are super hard plastic AND the BGTeela head won't fit in properly and I'm afraid it might break her neck peg. I'll risk having a loose BGT head by trying to trim off some of the plastic inside the head with an x-acto knife. Had to do it to all heads because she can't turn her head and I'm afraid her neck peg will break
4.0 (The Heads shouldn't be so freaking hard that I have to get an X-acto to make them fit.)

Paint and Sculpt:
The Sculpt is Virtually the same as 2009's Teela + a BGTeela head. The colord are brighter EXCEPT the blonde hair on the BGTeela and Mini Comic Teela. (My Teela's redhead uh, head has her eyes partially rolling to the back of her head... almost in an ahegao vibe to it. Thank goodness for her resting bitch facesculpt. I can call this a Happy little accident from the factory. 2 derped out eyes IN THE SAME DIRECTION!!
4.5

Accessories:
Goddess Spear
Goddess Headdress
Goddess Helm Head
Mini comic Head
Battleground Head
Staff of Ka
Sword
Shield

We're Most likely lacking Zoar due to its sculpt being originally for a DCUC  (Beastboy) and DCUC parts weren't in the S7 deal. but that's the only thing from Teela 09 that is missing here.
5.0

Overall:
Teela gets a 4.5 as her final score. While that score is great, it COULD HAVE BEEN A BIT HIGHER IF I Hadn't had to butcher the heads to make them fit. That's my only Huge nitpick. The eye paint on her redhead it's a funny accident so I can let it slide.
She's a GREAT Addition to MOTUC, EVEN if you have the 2009 one. If you didn't, then this is your chance to have a True Blue Teela without a horrible face or a metal bra and furry UNDAPANTS!







No comments:

Post a Comment