Jun 26, 2017

SNES Classic is happening...

That was rather expected... $80 2 Controllers and 21 games... You have to beat Star Fox to unlock the Unreleased Star Fox 2.

I made a list of 31 games to add to the potential SNES Classic, let's see how I fared vs the Official Release. I hate sharing from Polygon as much as I hate Craptaku, but they have the Official List.


-Super Mario World (I had Chosen All-Stars + SMW)
-Super Mario Kart 
-FZero
-Super Metroid
-Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
-Super Punch-Out!!
-Street Fighter II Turbo (I had Chosen Super Street Fighter II)
-Kirby Superstar
-Super Mario RPG
-Final Fantasy III (VI in Japan)
-Contra III
-Castlevania IV
-Kirby's Dream Course
-Secret of Mana
-Donkey Kong Country (I eliminated DKC from my list due to Rare being involved with the game)
-Earthbound
-Megaman X
-Yoshi's Island
-Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
-Star Fox
-Star Fox 2 (Unreleased)
OK, Star Fox 2 was really a Curve Ball. Kriby's Dream course? WHY!? I know it has decent scores on gaming sites, but Really? Kirby Superstar, I get, since it's like 8 games in one. But why choose the inferior SMW, when All-Stars + SMW would've been better. DKC was a surprise for me, but a welcome one.

Now there is a glaring omission on this list. This omission is UNFORGIVABLE...
This game is an amazing game. It's THE BEST SNES GAME MADE BY A THIRD PARTY... To this day, just listening to the main theme, I still get goosebumps...

I know this clip is from the PS1 Port, but it conveys a summary of the awesomeness that is Chrono Trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment