Mar 18, 2017

Pet Stores can help in building dioramas

I lost my Dragon Grotto, Fright Zone, Light Hope Chamber, and the Hall of the Fallen during the move... (damaged beyond repair during the travels.) I'm currently working on a  Display diorama for my MOTUC... So, this is kind of a continuation/tribute to my previous baking supply stores can help you beef up your dioramas rant. I did hint on how to make an Eternos Palace Courtyard with some aquarium plants and stuff.

Well, I was at a Pet Store today...

Eh, I'll allow it... So, I was buying stuff for my cat and saw the Fishie and Reptile section...
This skull for Snakes or Lizards was like $12 and look how cool it looks.

The big chain pet stores may have more variety of stuff, but be careful, you don't want to overspend... Also, if you need sand, Aquarium sand is a decent choice, from what I've read in some diorama building forums. I mention the sand in case you're interested in a desert diorama for the King of T.U.R.D.S. or if you want to use the skull on a desert.

Now here's the top 4 Reptile decor pieces I'm interested in...
Elephant Skeleton piece...

Stone Skull Cave...
 They mostly work for Wasteland type of settings, think Dark Hemisphere/Snake Mountain kind of thing... OR Edge of the Vine Jungle near Castle Grayskull...
Fishie Plants can help make the edge of the Vine Jungle be more Jungle-y...
The Stone Skull cave would be repainted in Castle Grayskull colors because Grayskull...
Dinosaur Skeleton
This one totally works as a base for Skytree.

The most peculiar one is the weird Tree face... It screams Sky Tree quite easily...

There's also the stuff for fish, where you can find the plants, ruins, even some Buddha statues that could work with Street Fighter Figures... (Not all the Dioramas need to be FOR MOTUC)
Tell me it doesn't scream MERMISTA!!!

In any case... There's A LOT of stuff to see that can make those creative juices flow... just be sure to not go crazy, as it can become a bit too expensive.







No comments:

Post a Comment