Jan 24, 2017

The Last Jedi... and other stuff.

That's the title of Episode VIII... The Last Jedi.
How do I feel about it? Well... It bothers me a bit...
Last Jedi? Are we talking about Luke? Luke + Some other Jedi that are still left? Does this include Rey? Oh please don't...

Guess we'll find out this December.
This does not bode well for Episode IX and Luke Skywalker...

Well, A few days ago, Miguel Ferrer passed away... you know, son of José Ferrer, whose Academy Award was stolen from the University of Puerto Rico.
Most of you know Ferrer for this:

Mom most likely would've mentioned her dad, and his very famous step-cousin...

But she would've mentioned this...

but to bring it back to his step-cousin George Clooney and reference the Bat Credit Card again, Miguel Ferrer was on NCIS: Los Angeles, who has...

Me? all of the above, but I also raise you a Young Justice... There, Mr. Ferrer played Vandal Savage.

Finally, The Rock has come back to the DC Universe. This time the rumors keep piling up on Black Adam... I could have sworn he was once or twice mentioned for John Stewart. Not so sure how I feel about this, but it's a nice segue for the next part of the rant... Green Lantern...

Well, there is apparently a short list...
No, I'm not making a short joke because the Running Shrimp is on it.

So, yeah... Tom Cruise is on that list. I hope he IS NOT CHOSEN, due to Cruise's dumbass "Likeness Protection" clause where toys from his movies CANNOT LOOK LIKE HIM.

Ryan Reynolds is back on that list... NO, just no. He wasn't a BAD GL, but a lot of the flack that other GL movie got was because Van Wilder was GL.

Joel McHale... Not too sure on him, because I've seen him in very little and what I've seen is BAD... (sorry Topangaborn, but Spy Kids 4 was crap.) But aside the Community fans, I'm not too sure that his name carries enough weight to damage Green Lantern.

Bradley Cooper? Do we want to drag Rocket Raccoon into this?

Jake Gyllenhaal... Cue the Brokeback joke... Spike? Spike!! At least give me The Wings by Gustavo Santaolalla...

Now I'm crying...
I've no beef with him, but he doesn't scream Hal Jordan to me. He screams Older Kyle Rayner.

Armie Hammer... Now there's a Hal Jordan... Since Nathan Fillion is not among the list, Armand D. Hammer can be the Hal Jordan... Wait... Wait... The Green Lantern movie is called Green Lantern Corps... Hear me out...
Gyllenhaal as Rayner, Hammer as Jordan and McHale as Gardner... BOOM! SPACE COP BUDDY MOVIE!


No comments:

Post a Comment