Jan 15, 2017

So, Max Steel the Movie is oot!

And after seeing it, I ain't buying it. Heck! I saw it for LESS THAN $15 and I couldn't bite.
Yesterday, Mattel sent me this lovely e-mail.

No, I just can't even.
I've already mentioned how bad this movie is and how much it can potentially hurt MOTU.
But don;t worry, I'll go into it again.

Max Steel went from an "Agent Cody Banks" type of thing to a more Technology inclined He-Man rip-off.

Rip-off, you ask?
He-Man:
A Hybrid between Earthling and an Alien, whose combined DNA makes him the key to unlock the ultimate power against evil... (One of the Big Bads of MOTU is Hordak, leader of the Evil Horde, who are an intergalactic empire of evil hellbent on conquering the universe.)
This Power allows He-Man to harness new forms to tackle whatever situation he is in.

Max Steel:
A Hybrid between Earthling and an Alien, whose combined DNA makes him the key to unlock the ultimate Power against Evil... Makino and The Ultralinks.
This Power allows Max to Harness new forms to tackle whatever situation he is in.

The only differences between He-Man and Max Steel are:
Location of their adventures and that Max's "Power sword" is a sentient being.

So, we have assessed that Max Steel is basically He-Man "lite". Max Steel sucking due to nano budget for an effects heavy movie like this, awkward writing and directing, will translate to Mattel that He-Man can't make it, if we can't make "He-Man lite" work. They will not see that their lack of efforts or care, killed Max Steel.

No, Mattel, I will NOT BUY Max Steel. I will not support CRAP for you to consider crapping up MOTU. You want us to buy, make your product good and we'll buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment