Nov 11, 2016

So I saw Doctor Strange...

It was pretty much what I expected it to be. A trippy Marvel movie... and THAT is its strongest point and its greatest weakness.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Marvel formula is beginning to feel a bit stale. Don't get me wrong, the movie IS FUN, especially the visuals, but the paint by numbers Marvel structure can make you feel like you've seen this movie before. Kinda like being stuck in a time loop. The movie feels so familiar ttat it feels like a rerun from another Marvel movie.

The retread and repetition is a slight theme hinted in the movie, so MAYBE, it was intentional, but it still doesn't shake that feeling about Marvel movies being one movie redressed for every character.

Don't get me wrong, it's new, yet familiar and that familiarity can make the movie feel weak at times.
That's why I won't review it.
This movie needs to be seen in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment