Jan 12, 2016

First I lost Kay Bee Toys now...

GameStop is closing up shop in Puerto Rico AND Spain... Crap!
I know... I know the stories...
The memes are everywhere.

Thing is: Have you bought games from other retailers? Especially big box stores where Employees are nowhere to be found? You go to the Electronics Department and


The game is right there, but Jake is nowhere to be found... You find another employee from another section who is looking for Jake as well because 4 people have been pestering her for the last 20 minutes because they want a stupid game... her words, not mine. By the time Jake arrives, he's without the key for the games shelves. He needs to find Doug who has the key... 40 minutes later, you've seen half of the movie you were going to buy as well as the game and Doug is still nowhere to be found. 30 minutes afterwards Doug appears with the key and opens the shelf to get the game from the person before you, locks it and leaves to put you in the cycle again...

Sure the Gamestop Employee would try to sell you Strategy Guides, and other crap that they had to sell, but in essence the process is a LOT faster than big box Retailer. Also, I had a thing where I filled surveys and each quarter I'd get a $25 gift card for Gamestop... So a moderate part of my used game library were paid by Surveys. Also, Gamestop was a godsend with Preorders...

Farewell, Gamestop... I shall visit thee, whenver I go to the States...

No comments:

Post a Comment