Sep 17, 2015

Final Fantasy Record Keeper rant

I have been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper on my phone for some time... Or I should say HAD, because I stopped playing it for roughly a week. (This has nothing to do with The Phantom Pain, because I cannot play TPP during break time at work.) The game stopped being fun...

Why did this happen?

I think I may know the answer, but for those of you who are not aware, Final Fantasy: Record Keeper is a free to play game available for iOS and Android. You are basically a record keeper tasked to reassemble events from the various Final Fantasy Games (The Numerical ones)

Problem is that since this is a PHONE Game, it LIMITS YOU from playing the game how you WANT TO, but are forced to have "cooling off periods" to "recover your Stamina" to play. If you want to keep on playing Pay Real Money to regain stamina. Also one more thing. Depending on which "Realm" you decide to restore, the Stamina Prices are different. Missions in VII may be a lot less taxing than missions on III.
Sure you can have a cast of characters from ALL Numeric FF games on the game... Like Terra, Lightning, Rinoa, Cecil and Cloud on one team while fighting off Sin.

I used to play the game as much as it allowed me to, especially the events to unlock characters like Golbez or Sephiroth... (OK I had already stopped when the Golbez event started, but he was unlockable via event.) but I couldn't play it as much as I WANTED TO.

In the end, the whole ordeal became a daily grind... play normal levels until an event started. Play Event, back to normal... just to get hyper abridged bits of the games I was "restoring". It's not a bad game, but it has very little story, for a game that is an anthology of 13 games, the story department is lacking.

It's not a bad game, but it's pretty much grinding, more grinding, and even more grinding that do not yield too many rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment