Jun 9, 2015

Odds and ends June 9 2015: Powerpuff Betrayal, Punisher and stuff...

The city of Townsville... has gotten new Powerpuff Girls and the Original girls are a bit upset about it!
So, the new Reboot/Continuation of Powerpuff Girls is coming to Cartoon Network.in 2016. Still not sure if it's a reboot or a continuation.
They got the Original Narrator and that's about it... No E.G. Daily, Catherine Cavadini, nor Tara Strong for this project... HELL, according to the OG PPG, they weren't EVEN ASKED to reprise their roles! Then there's the whole rumor about the PPG's creator Craig McCracken (Mr. Lauren Faust IIRC) is not even involved...

I don't want to sound like an asshat that is wishing ill towards the show's cast, but I'm 78% certain that this will not do well... PPG isn't OLD enough to feel nostalgic about, especially when the show IS ON BOOMERANG. The possible excuse that the VAs are too old to play young girls is BS since, these ladies DO a lot of VA work. Two of them have done BABIES for years! Then again, Frank Welker is nearly 70 and to this day he STILL VOICES The Teenager/Young Adult Fred Jones from Scooby Doo!

I IMDB'd the new PPG and I've pretty much seen NONE of their work, so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

I wish we could get Daredevil on DVD because my internet connection is not that great to stream a show WITHOUT having BUFFERING PAUSES. That is the main reason why I don't have Netflix.  Remember my Gone Home rant? We're no longer friends and she was the only person in my rather small circle of friends who has Netflix, would sit with me and watch movies, while I rambled and ranted whenever something stupid happens on screen, pause them to take notes for the House of Rants,etc. OK, she did some ranting too! Not to mention that her Internet connection is way faster than mine, which allowed her to watch movies on Netflix WITHOUT buffering pauses,
Why did the Friendship stop? My stance regarding Princess Plaid and her Professional Victimhood. She drank the Listen and Believe Kool-Aid and disagreement = soggy knee. So, my current door to complete watching the First season has closed... Unless Marvel and Netflix do the DVD thing. I mean Daredevil is #2 in the Most Pirated Shows list, #1 is obviously My Little Pony: friendship is Magic Game of Thrones. So, there is reason to believe that the show IS Good... based on the 1.5 episodes I saw, I must say yes.

Where was I? Oh yeah! Season 2 Daredevil news. We're not getting The Transporter  as Bullseye. But we ARE Getting another Marvel Character... Wears Black and shoots crap! Freaking PUNISHER!!

Crystal Pepsi may be making a comeback...

No comments:

Post a Comment