Jun 7, 2015

Mattel will fail us, according to Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I, of course am talking about the Hoverboard... Mattel already failed us once, by making the overpriced TOY that was so bad that Bob Gale apologized for it. So, according to Super Science Master, Neil deGrasse Tyson, the Hoverboard, as we see on the movies is not feasible. 

To be honest, this is not news. It astounds me that I had to SEE THIS as a bit of news on my homepage. The Logistics involved to make a Hoverboard work on normal roads would be astonishing... Think about it: It's like Turning ALL the roads into something similar to Maglev Monorail Tracks. That apparently costs a lot. Not to mention a way to make it work like real roads and not like an oversized Hovering Slot car racetrack:


Not to mention that all the extra power needed to run the Citywide Hover roads could make the city's power grid be overloaded. (I'm keeping it City scaled, because National Scale would be a logistical nightmare.)

The thing that scares me is using wormholes to travel... How can NdGT jump from Hoverboards not feasible to Freaking Wormholes!? I'm guessing the Logistics for those are horrible...

No comments:

Post a Comment