Jan 1, 2015

It Came from the Toy Chest: I love you just like I love my Sister.


Slayer of Kings, Lover of Sisters, and the only Somewhat-Decent Lannister who is not Vertically Challenged.
I am talking of Jaime Lannister, from Funko's Game of Thrones second Wave.
You know, the one with Arya Stark (I already reviewed her), Brienne of Tarth, Khal Drogo, Robb Stark, Jaime Lannister (of course), and yet another Daenerys Targaryen .

Found another cool version of the theme!! YES!

So, Jaime Lannister... Played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. (Who, BTW would be an amazing choice to play Liquid Snake if the MGS Movie Rumor ends up to be true.) got immortalized in Plastic.
For obvious reasons, I'm sure that this is a Season 1 Jaime. I will not go deep into story details, because spoilers. And all I've mentioned is on the First Episode of GOT... Now, let's rate him.


Articulation:
The Kingslayer has the standard GOT Figure Articulation. There's nothing to mention here... Aside the fact that unlike Wave 1 Figures, this figure has ZERO FROZEN Joints!
4.5

Paint and Sculpt:
The paint is a mixed bag. The washes look nice, but in some areas, there's a bit of an overkill. It matches the Funko GoT Style, but the washes may vary between figures. Another thing that bugs me about the paint is that like it happened with my Hound figure, I had to use an Exacto Knife to try and cut off the paint that is sealing the hands.

Now on the other side of this section: The Sculpt. It is freaking A! Jaime looks a lot like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and that is amazing! All the filigree on his armor is amazeballs! Even his cape is sculpted in a way that it drapes and drags!
4.5

Accessories:
This is where these figures suffer a lot. Jaime only has his sword. This sword is not Oathkeeper, but the one he had as a member of the Kingsguard, before events from the books that will not be spoiled here.
2.5

Overall:
Jaime gets an  overall score of 3.83 which is not bad. If mine had not gotten his hands fused with paint, he would have easily reached a 4.0, which would be a feat for the GoT figures.

The Super Lannister Brothers. You have any Idea
how hard it is to NOT make a Tywincest Lannister joke?
It'll be harder once Cersei arrives.
Starting 2015 with something non-MOTUC because:

And a Game of Thrones Item was perfect since this Art was a parody of Game of Thrones art... Also, I'm a bit pissed off that My December Matty stuff is still MIA!










No comments:

Post a Comment