Oct 12, 2014

MOTUC's Final Single Figure Slot Speculation

I mentioned that there is only one single carded figure slot for a non-variant in MOTUC left after doing the math with the remaining characters. Well, there's plenty of characters that could fill in that slot. Of course I'm going to drop a couple of names of characters that could possibly fill in that slot.
Some of these names I'll drop are characters that I truly want. Others are characters that could come, but I do not want. Ridiculous characters like Racial Slur towards White People the Clown are not included on the list.
I will sub-divide the list by era because it's easier for me to do a checklist and maybe even post potential recipes.

So, let's start the Speculation list with: 200X Characters

King Miro: While, yes he was in Filmation too, the Mini Comic appearance of Miro is in his 200X clothing "Classicized". He was on Ultimate Battleground 2 and he completes the Royal Family for reals.
Even Better for Mattel, he needs few new parts, just the head, armor, loincloth and sword.
The body is the normal buck, furry boots, Tri-Klops forearms and the Cape is the Carnivus cape in different colors. Toss in a Randor head with no crown as a second accessory and boom! Miro becomes even more desirable.

Ceratus: He is a very unpopular choice, I know. (Not many are fans of him) The reason why I chose him is that he completes the Subternian factions (Caligar King who had a rivalry with the Spelean Lord) I already covered the parts recipe on a previous rant, so click me to read the recipe.

Callix: The Preternian Stone Hordesman. I mentioned him back when I was against the idea of a PoP mini sub. To be honest, I'm not Dying to get one, but he seems popular enough. (his name pops up a lot now that the main Filmation wants have been made.)

Evil Seed: There is a reason why he is on this list and not the Filmation list. Seeing Lizard Man's scrawny buck made me have even LESS faith on a Filmation Evil Seed Looking good.

Mini comics:

Lodar: I've ranted plenty about this guy and how much I want him and how easy he is to make for Mattel. The latest recipe idea for him can be found here.

Garn: I've also mentioned that I want this guy (though his existence depends a lot on Lodar's) Check the link on Lodar to see a parts recipe for him.

Songster:Y'all should know that I will keep pushing for him and ERJ. (Though my desire for ERJ comes from a LONG LONG TIME AGO.)

Josh: If he's not on this list, then this list wouldn't be mine. Yes, I'm aware he has less than no chance in hell, but that won't stop me from campaigning for him!

New Adventures (Toys and Cartoon Characters):

Kayo: Because @#$% you Neitlich and your "Kayo is obscure" rhetoric. Not only Kayo is in the intro of all episodes of the Cartoon, he also appears in 3 out of 4 of the NA Mini Comics. Also, he's almost kitbashable!
Basic Buck with Hordak abs, Roboto Shoulders and Biceps, NA Skeletor forearms and hands, Sea Hawk's Loincloth, Geldor boots and Snout Spout feet complete the reused parts.
The new parts would be the heads, armor and weapons. (or since the Football helmet is big, they could do a removable helmet for him.

Crita: The "Evil Lyn" role is filled by Crita, just like Mara fills in the "Teela" role. You can't have Teela without Evil Lyn, so we NEED Crita in MOTUC as we are getting Mara. I will not post any recipe for her since I don't know WHICH version of Mara they are making (though I'm a fan of the space witch look than the Gladiatrix Queen) Bonus points for Mattel if they find a way to toss in Grrr!

Nocturna: I think he was hinted to come in 2015 before "the roadmap changed". Seems that Mattel could get away with some reuse to give us NA's Martial Artist.
He's pretty much a standard buck with Blade's left thigh, Hordak's hands, and Flipshot's Loincloth. For the lower legs a reuse from Blast Attack
the new parts would be The forearms, head, harness, Helmet and Bow. (Worst case scenario, reuse Ninjor's Bow in black.)

Spinwit: Another Galactic Protector (Mostly because the Heroes of NA are understaffed compared to the mutants.) This one has plenty of parts that are similar to already existing pieces. Starting with the Standard buck.
The Lower Legs are Trap Jaw's. The forearms are Bow's, Hands are GP He-Man. The crotch is Man-E-Faces. The only new pieces are the Head, Wings, Armor and Speargun.

Filmation: (Characters that are NOT Melaktha)

General Sunder: My pro-POP bias is showing, but he's a cool character from PoP that can be on the Horde or the Rebellion.
He's mostly a reuse of the Horde Trooper loincloth and limbs on the normal torso. He only needs a new head (or heads), new Torso Armor to accommodate a cape (Randor's). Now to spice him Up I'd reuse the interchangeable insignias idea from the Fighting Foemen. A clean Chestplate for his Rebel Look and a Horde Insignia for his Horde Look. For accessories, I'd give him a Blaster and a sword from Filmation, or course. (Thinking the Trooper Sword seen on some PoP episodes and the Blaster that Sunder uses in one of his appearances.)

Vultak: Basically, the Horde's "beastman" (because he's the warden of Hordak's Zoo) also a Vulture-man, which gives a Flying Character to the Horde. I'll admit he's not a favorite of mine, but if it's him or Hunga, I pick him! To Mattel's benefit, he's basically a new head and armor. (the armor has to be new to accommodate Angella's wings)
Standard buck with Icer's forearms and Demo-Man hands. The Barbarian Boots and the Evil Warrior feet. Obviously, Angella's wings.

Delora/Hawke: Not fair putting two figures in one slot. Buy multiples and make Mattel happy! It forces people to double dip and gives Stratos his own babelicious armybuilder.
She'd require the most new pieces versus the other options I posted, but the idea of double-dipping to have both Hawke and Delora would help Mattel.
The Fembuck two point oh! would be the base for her.
New dress (top and bottom), new Forearms and wings, new thighs, new head with two different plug-in hairpieces. (Cheaper than two heads.)

Mallek: The Wizard of Stone Mountain himself. Normally he is not a choice I'd have here, but I blame a certain MOTU Fan Film for bumping him up higher. He also has a low amount of new parts needed: (Head) since he's pretty much the basic buck with Plundor's loincloth, Adam's vest, Marzo's left hand. Mosquitor's biceps to create the sleeves. Dekker boots complete the deal. For accessories, I'd demand a single Accessory: Lokus

To be honest, the one choice I'd like the most is Crita. She's the Core NA Cartoon villain that would "complete" that faction. With my luck it's Dare or Skeleteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment