Jun 27, 2014

The Topangaborn is here... my thoughts.

While the Final Club Eternia Sub-a-thon has begun today, I've been expecting the Topangaborn too!
Now that I've watched the first episode of Girl Meets World, I have to say... it HAS Potential. They just need to fix one thing.

Yes, I've made peace with the fact that Cory and Topanga are not the main focus of the show.
The show has a vibe similar to Seasons 1 and 2 of Boy Meets World put through the Modern Disney Channel Lens. Hence, the annoying Farkle, and a bit of soullessness on it. I blame it on it being a pilot episode and this can be fixed with a few more episodes. On the other hand, this episode seems to have some shades of "Me and Mr. Joad" from Boy Meets World... The one where Messrs  Matthews and Hunter have a strike because of a test. Season 2 Episode 4. Riley is basically a Distaff Counterpart of Cory, while Maya is a Distaff Counterpart of Shawn. Farkle is a Disneyfied knockoff of Stuart Minkus... Rumor has it that he is the Son of Minkus...

For this show to be GREAT, they need to do one of two things:
Dial down Farkle a few notches
Eliminate Farkle!!


Right in the feels...
Honestly, I think I'll keep watching, as long as Riley and Maya stay as the main Characters. If it becomes the Farkle show; I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment