Apr 8, 2014

Wait What the Huh!? Twilight's Kingdom!?

Well, the idea of Twilight getting a Kingdom was rather obvious. She became a Princess... and we need to promote the Rainbow Power stuff. Well, Equestria Daily posted something last Saturday. I missed it because I was getting distracted by Pinkie Pie rapping.


Twilight's Kingdom Synopsis.

Read it and weep. I REALLY HOPE that they are wrong about this. Twilight became Mary-Sue-Like the time she drank red bull. Now the TOYS KINDA make sense if the spoilers from EQD are true. At the same time the MARY SUE LEVELS on Twilight will read 1006
My issues with this and the already done Alley Corn Twilight is that we're distancing Twilight from who she really is. Socially awkward Librarian Pony who learns about friendships and uses her dragon slave/fax machine to send her homework to her teacher. Now she's a princess who has her friends writing stuff on a diary while she gets her castle.

I get that the whole Twilight Castle is a ploy to sell more toys. What I don't get is why are they messing with the winning formula that is the show?

Then again, this is HASBRO, and they're giving us Horse Girls 2: We're not ripping off Jem, honest!
I want to trust the writers but, the characters are beginning to
Latest victim, Applejack who became a pony who knows nothing but apples.
show signs of becoming self-parodies.
I'm not asking for them to be
Just that any Changes to the status quo should be ORGANIC instead of Mandates from Marketing...
I know that the FIM team is screwed since in the end Hasbro is boss, but they should sometimes be able to disagree with the 'bro. I'll be honest, I'm not that excited about the season Finale. Especially with the Part 2 Synopsis. Yes, I'm aware that it'll be temporarily, but it's as stupid as a Super Saiyajin god... In any case, I'll have to take the wait and see approach. I don't like the idea of Twilight becoming ridiculously powerful. Especially super powerful enough to stop a threat to Equestria, just to need help of her friends to solve something that she could on her own with her super pony powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment