Feb 25, 2014

He-Ro: Son of He-Man: The Mini-Sub... Is it going too far or not?

The Final Mini-Sub Rant is Finally here!I'm tackling a branch of MOTU that I LOATHE and that should remain a "failed pitch" instead of "The next chapter." I've already ranted on why it's a bad idea to pursue this... but it could happen since Neitlich seems to love it. That's why 2013 gave us King He-Man, 2014 shoved Klacky into the SOHM Era... We have Laser-Lot and Spector here. Evil Lyn may be in the future raising the Son of Skeletor. This era has been populated for quite some time even if we only have 2 TRUE Son of He-Man era releases.
Without Further ado, let's look at a He-Ro: Son of He-Man sub.

I'm going with the few pics that are floating around the Internets.
I suspect that Dare/He-Ro II might make it to the main sub... and I mean he COULD BE a CLUB ETERNIA FIGURE in 2015 for real Regardless if Mattel makes any mini-sub or not. (Makes no sense to start the He-Ro: Son of He-Man Faction and end the line without the eponymous He-Ro: Son of He-Man)

For most of these, I cannot make RECIPES and give you hints on what parts could be used to make them because many of the pics only show parts of them...


I shall post the name of the character and explain WHY I chose that character.

Kay-La:
I chose her because she fills the Opposite sex companion role. Adam had Teela, Adora had Bow. Kay-La fills the role nicely. (Now with the whole Fisto is Duncan's brother, we can get an origin for her)

Skeleteen:
Well, we need the main bad guy besides Mitch, the UNO.

Forklift:
It's the Only Good Guy out of the He-Ro: Son of He-Man group that I like. (and I have mentioned this before.)

Slob Boar:
We may not be able to get Pig-Boy in MOTUC, but we can pretend that Pig-Boy grew up to be slob-boar!

Airbag:
I don't like him, but he evens out the slots for the Heroic Warriors.

Missile-Toe:
He works as an Evil Counterpart to Roboto AND Rio Blast. Also, I hope his feet have Missile Launchers otherwise the name Missile-toe would be a lie.

We know that Evil Lyn, Beastman and Goat-Man make it to the Future, then there's (MITCH) The UNO to expand the bad guys while Spector, SLL and King He-Man fill it up for the good guys.

Now, WHO can fill up that Sub Exclusive Slot?

DARE/HE-RO II:

Wait whut!?  I know I mentioned that I have a feeling that Dare/He-Ro II Might Make it for real.
But, let's pretend that Mattel made the He-Ro: Son of He-Man sub to deliver us Dare/He-Ro II without infecting the main sub  with SoHM stuff. Also, he's the PERFECT Sub Exclusive for this sub... I mean it's HIS SUB!


Now that we're done with a theoretical Mini-Sub for this Era, is it worth it? Nope! This is taking things too far. I may be a bit biased since I'm not a fan of the Son of He-Man era, especially since making this sub is negating slots to Filmation, 200X, Mini Comic and New Adventure characters that deserve these spots a lot better than He-Ro: Son of He-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment