Feb 20, 2014

Fantastic Four Reboot makes Gal Gadot as WW look like a great Casting Choice.

I literally threw up in my mouth when I typed this. I mean Literally in the sense that actual vomit came up my esophagus and I felt it in my mouth no hyperbole here. I'm dead serious about this.

Here's the New Fantastic Four:

Kate Mara as Sue Storm...

Jamie Bell  as Ben Grimm...

Miles Teller as Reed Richards...

Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm...

Yes, the guy who constantly lights himself on fire happens to be black now...
Who the hell OK'd THIS!? It's almost like a Racist Group's wet dream to have a movie where the black guy is constantly on fire.

Now, here's the conundrum: If I criticize the casting of Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch, I'm certain that I'm going to be called "racist". I don't want Michel B. Jordan to play Johnny Storm BECAUSE it's not based on the source material. Tat's the same reason I've avoided The Last Airbender. Sure some people may say what about the Late Michael Clarke Duncan doing Kingpin? That was an exception, not the rule. I can cite Justin Chatwin as Goku, Kristin Kreuk as Chun Li, or Taboo as Vega.

Now, If we ABOSLUTELY HAD to have a black actor in Fantastic Four, Why not have a Black Reed Richards? A smart Black man who marries a white woman to father the most powerful mutant on Earth... Instead we have the worst member of the team (the playboy) into the black guy. I hate these moves done out of Political correctness. they are usually not well thought out and can end up making things worse... What's next? A Female Doctor Doom? Scratch that! We cannot have female villains because it's Misogynistic.

But now stepping away from the obvious target... and moving on to TINTIN as THE THING!?
Can you Picture Tintin saying IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!? Even Michael Chiklis looked tough enough to be Ben Grimm BEFORE Becoming The Thing. Jamie Bell looks as good as Seth Green playing a Mixed Martial Arts fighter.

So far the only casting choice I like is Kate Mara as Sue... I'm not too sure about Miles Teller as Reed, but the other two are horrible casting choices for the characters they are going to play.



No comments:

Post a Comment