Jan 3, 2014

Spider-Douche Electro Trailer

Eh, I'm still not convinced about this movie.

Not even the Stan Lee Intro makes me feel excited about it.
I don't know what it is, but without pressing play, that still of Spidey on top of the police car looks almost like a PS3 Game image... That's my biggest issue with what I've seen with the trailers so far.
It looks too videogamy.

I've complained about Electro, Rhino and Goblin already. So, this more recent trailer still looks like the Special effects are for a videogame and that worries me. While, yes, I'm not a fan of this take on Spidey, I honestly hope that the movie does not suck. Sadly this movie reminds me more of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 than Spider-Man 2...

In a way, I'm glad we're seeing Electro and Rhino (and gotten Lizard in the previous one) but relying on a Goblin worries me the most. It's like having Superman rely on Luthor or Batman rely on the Joker to carry their movies... (or in Man of Steel 2's case Relying on Battfleck to carry the weight)

Spidey has a huge menagerie of villains to use, but relying on a Goblin sucks...
I know we're not going to see characters like Big Wheel or Walrus.

Now back unto the trailer.
Jamie Foxx as Electro is not convincing me. Especially his body language. check the trailer at 1:03 and tell me how that looks like Electro floating menacingly... Because that looks like Jamie Foxx dangling on a wire harness. Yes, I am aware that it IS Mr. Foxx dangling on a wire harness, but he should look like he is NOT Dangling on a wire harness. The only character that should always look like he's dangling from a wire Harness is Doc Ock when he is using his tentacles to stand or walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment