Nov 30, 2013

There's Jessie on my Good Luck Charlie...

Disney Channel's latest Crossover: Good Luck Jessie... was well...
How can I put this in a way that won't make me sound biased.
My Choices are:
Unimpressed McKayla
or Jay Sherman.








Sadly, I cannot put ALL the blame on the Jessie side of the Equation... Even if most of the suck comes from Jessie's side. And no, it's not my Anti-Jessie Bias showing. It's just that even in the Good Luck Charlie half, the Good Charlie half was overshadowed by the Jessie part. Then the Jessie part took over and it was a Disnified Christmasy version of The Hangover with Debby Ryan singing at the end.

You know what I realized after watching this special? Debby Ryan NEEDS TO MOVE ON!
She seems to lack that je ne sais quoi that Raven, Hillary Duff and even

have (or had in Twerkey Cyrus' case). Teh whole singing part of the Jessie episode felt like a desperate plea from Debby's agent to make her seem relevant or showcase her multiple talents: She acts, she sings, she also does julienne fries! That's not mentioning that the kids are growing up.
While the kids are on the 14-15 range (The kids that play Ravi and Luke are 15 while the kid that plays Emma is 15) they are starting to look a bit TOO OLD compared to the "show age" Which I think it's something like 12-13 for Emma, 11-12 for Luke, 10-11 for Ravi... I may be a bit off but Jessie is like 17-19... then again, I could say that some look slightly older than their Real Age... What does this have to do with the show? Well, the kids are growing up. Some are losing their "child cuteness", then there's the whole: Jessie is 5-6 years older than Emma. The age difference will become less important as the kids grow older and that Debby looks a bit younger than her age. (which explains why they overcake her with Makeup but she looks like a red-haired version of The Joker) My best advice could be summed with this:

But at least it was Somewhat Watchable... unlike a certain show from their Slime loving competition (or used to love it in the 80s and 90s)...
I'm talking about Sam&Cat... The most unwatchable show on nickelodeon... It makes Disney's Jessie AND Dog with a Blog look like Masterpieces. Alas, that's a rant I will not make (since it would need that I watch MORE of that show)

Oh, how I hope that Girl Meets World will be good enough to last more than 3 seasons




No comments:

Post a Comment