Nov 13, 2013

Escape from Hell is not Man vs Wild

I expected a rebranded Man vs Wild since it was Bear Grylls on the Discovery Channel. Then again my expectations of a New Bear Grylls show were shot down with that "game" show.
My expectations were filled with the infamous Pee jokes.

Reality, well, while it had ONE Pee reference, it was NOT Man vs. Wild... It was closer to I shouldn't be alive, but with Bear Grylls doing reenactments and show you what to do to survive. the first episode had 3 stories that were told at the same time while Bear showed stuff they did right and wrong while showing you the correct way to do things. Whether you want to believe Mr. Let's Parkour on the desert

pole vaulting down a mountain

or not cause some of his advice has been called questionable is not the case.
I don't know... I am not that fond of I shouldn't be Alive in the first place. Since Bear is forced to stick to what the people telling the stories did, there are less "Bear-isms" like drinking his own pee, drinking Elephant Poop Juice or Pole vaulting down a mountain.

OK, don't get me wrong, I love Survivorman, which can be boring as hell compared to Man vs Wild.
I can watch Dual Survival, because of Hippie Cody and his non-hippy partner... (they switched the non-Hippie one...) I could watch Man, Woman, Wild because of her "Fish out of Water" status as a survival-amateur in a survival situation. But this? I probably will, but if I happen to miss out an episode, I'm not freaking out. BTW there is a new one in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment