Oct 22, 2013

The Little Guys... of MOTU

So, in the next few weeks (if Matty/digital River didn't mess up my shipping info) I'll be getting the 4th Weapons pack (5th if we count the Rack as a Weapons pack) with more Cartoon Kowl... We already got Orko and Cringer... Madame Razz, Gwildor and Depowered Marzo do not count here since they would have to be larger and more articulated. By Little guys I mean Orko or Kowl sized folks... That are NOT The Energy Zoids... (Rotar and Twistoid)

Well here's a list of my TOP Wants in the Little guys Department: (in no particular Order)

Odiphus:
Basically Stinkor pre-Stinkor... The precedent of Keldor, Kronis, Captain Glenn, Young Dekker, Young Duncan, etc. is the main reason for asking for Odiphus... From a Sculpting point of view, he COULD be Classicized using the Kowl buck. (Had the Horsemen been allowed to make a more articulated Kowl body, then we could have swapped pieces to get an even MORE Accurate Odiphus. As you can see a picture from the MOTUC Kowl and the Odiphus staction, their bodies are similar... We can chalk up some differences to the Classicizer Machine explanation. Then again, Stinkor WAS a Repainted Merman, so a Kowl repaint with a new head for Odiphus isn't THAT far-fetched...

Dree-Elle, Montork and the Oracle:
Yes, I mentioned three characters in one spot, due to the reuse of the ORKO buck... We've been waiting for these guys since Orko was released... OK, it was when the Filmation rights were announced that the possibility of getting them felt more real. I'm going to tackle each one individually in order to describe what I'd do to make them POP and be slightly more different than Orko...

The Oracle: Same buck as Orko, including the arms and hands. The Paint can take care of the golden trim that Oracle has on his sleeves. The new pieces are: The Long parts of his tunic and hooded head. Maybe as an extra accessory a Pimping Medallion...
That way by Mixing and Matching with the vintage styled Orko, I can have a 200X Orko.
It's a Win-Win for MOTUC fans because we get a new character AND we can tweak an older figure if we desire.
Dree-Elle is a toughie... Well that is if you want a Dree-Elle with breasts... Yes, she HAS breasts...
They are mostly unnoticeable, but in some instances the outline can be seen on the cartoon.
Honestly, I don't mind if they reuse the normal Orko buck with a new head. Perhaps different hands for her would make her POP...
But if the Horsemen feel like doing a female Trollan buck, I would not complain about it.

Montork is a piece of cake. New Head with the Glasses and a New Neckpiece with the beard. He's so easy that I would have made a custom out of him if I had a second Orko.

Next on our List is none other than Loo-Kee: the Judgmental Squirrel

Well, we saw the Mattel Prototype, so we should believe that He is coming and will judge us, since he's a Judgmental Squirrel. Seriously, he hides around and when you find him, he's going to be preaching down values and morals on you... Cause that's what he does best!

No wonder kids rarely bothered to find him...

All jokes aside, Loo-Kee IS an important character. Not only he was on every Episode of She-Ra: Princess of Power, he was the one delivering the morals of the Episode... and as much as I may be poking fun at the whole Morals thing here, I respect and I'm thankful for the show having them. It's just that the Morals with  Loo-Kee didn't work as well as having the actual characters discussing what they learned.

This one is all new tooling. The Horsemen already sculpted him... Wonder if it was just for fun in their free time like they did the Battle Ram...

So Speaking of Princess of Power Small People, I know I'm forgetting one... The Big one... and no it's not Filmation Kowl, which I'd totally want, but the OTHER Princess or Power Small guy... No, it's not Red-Eye either... Who I'd also want cause it's an EVIL KOWL... Let me make it clear, the character I'm speaking of DOES NOT USE the KOWL BUCK!!
This beautiful piece of art was made by Chris Faccone
I'm talking about the Evil Horde's very own IMP!!
Yes, we have the little Red Horde Gargoyle/Hordak Hybrid thing, but that's simply NOT IMP!!
Then again, the Cardback of the Vintage Hordak toy calls that little Red Horde Gargoyle/Hordak Hybrid thing a "Bat Shield". So we do not have Imp! He would be very awesome to have in classics. I mean, him and Entrapta complete the Filmation Horde... (Not counting the one-shot people like Darkney, Admiral Scurvy, the Horde Inspector, Colonel Blast, or MODOK... I mean Dylamug.)










I'd Mention the Robots form New Adventures U.R. and Gleep, but I'm afraid NA isn't as popular.
The Twiggets are not on this list cause Dammit! I demand fully Articulated Twiggets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment