Oct 6, 2013

Odds and Ends Oct 6 2013: Wrecking Balls, brother!

I got to say, when Hulk Hogan is making fun of you, that's how you know you have reached an incredible low...

Yup, Hulk Hogan just poked fun at Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball video...

And obviously, the Mile did not take that Open Letter by Sinead O'Connor too well... She decided to attack her AND Amanda Bynes... Looks like this might escalate into something bigger... Legal teams and stuff...


That's just wrong! I'm sorry, but mocking the Mentally ill is just too wrong. Here Miley had the opportunity to reply in a mature and GROWN-UP Matter, but instead she went all Brat on Ms. O'Connor.
Dear Miley:



Wai-wai-wai-wait WHAAAAAAAAT!?

Apparently, this is BS according to a study...
So the annoying Unskippable, Unfast-Fowardable signs like the one above, are BS... That piece of news is not what I'm going to talk about. Instead I'll talk about the ridiculous things people that buy the legal copies have to put up with. The sign above is one of them.

This ad is another one. It's worse when they are back to back and with a THIRD Piracy is bad ad...

It's like "Dammit, dude! I already know!! I bought the freaking movie Legally! Stop bashing my head with the Piracy is bad thing!" It gets worse with official Anime DVDs... Not only they are overpriced, but they don't give you the full set. (You usually buy the first Overpriced part of the set with its fancy box and every few months you need to buy the next piece...) That is messed up! That made me give up on collecting Anime. This problem extends to Western Television. I'm going to mention Hannah Montana. Disney only released Seasons 1 and 4. Now I have an Incomplete Series BECAUSE Disney did NOT Release Seasons 2 and 3. Meanwhile, Pirates have the entire series. How is this Fair for those who own the Legal copies? Other series got limited releases on some volumes, while screwing everyone else who bought the rest of the volumes that had wider distribution, legally.

Sadly, it's things like these that make piracy seem more appealing. Note: I am not saying that it's OK, because it's illegal. I'm saying that the people who buy the movies and series legally are being "punished" with Mandatory reminders of the evils of Piracy, incomplete series, changes in the content (due to problems with Licenses.) and having to pay ridiculous prices for them.

If it wasn't for the internet, I would NOT have gotten into My Little Pony, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Littlest Pet Shop, and other series. I ended up supporting the official releases of these. (Except Haruhi... I started, but got rid of the Series when I figured out the little season 1 collecting. Ended up renting the series from a mom and pop video store...)

Now unto the news article. Hopefully this will end the BS of the Mandatory, unskippable anti-Piracy ads. Sadly it will not help lower the prices, but we can't win them all. If this article ends the Mandatory, unskippable anti-piracy ads, then I'm happy. Seriously, between them and the incredibly long menu animations we lose like five to ten minutes per movie session.

Making the legal copies more appealing could, theoretically, make pirate copies less appealing.


Legal copy doesn't have this... Therefore, less appealing to Bronies. Damn the PC Police!!

No comments:

Post a Comment