May 23, 2013

Fast Food Gimmicks!

I FREAKING LOVE the McRib!! The gimmicky Rib McSandwich that strikes hard and fades away... That is nothing compared to the weirdest thing I ate today... FRIED CHICKEN with coleslaw fries AT BURGER KING!!


It's insane! It's a GIMMICK!! And, I hate it! Now, don't get me wrong... The Chicken was pretty good! They had no coleslaw, but the combo was supposed to come with slaw... but the thing about eating FRIED Chicken at Burger King IS a bit Disturbing... Not chicken tenders, chicken fries or chicken in a wrap... I mean Actual Pieces of Chicken (thigh, wings, breast) covered in a crispy batter.
If I want Fried Chicken I go to the place foremerly known as Kentucky Fried Chicken...(now KFC) If I want Burgers I go to BURGER King... I don't go to TACO Bell for Pizza... (aside the Pizza Hut shoved in a Taco Bell hybrid places.)

I know that they still sell burgers, but It's WEIRD!! I mean, it's a cash grab for the KFC customers to come to BK and eat Fried Chicken at BK... It's just that it's TOO Gimmicky for my tastes. I'm giving them involuntary publicity right now, so their gimmick is kinda working. Personally I'd rather have the food speak for itself. (Great taste, reasonable prices... that kind of thing.) Maybe have some sensible "gimmicks" Like a "Something Out there" Burger for Burger King or McD. Or Hellfire chicken (superspicy) for KFC... I don't want to see KFC doing burgers cause, it feels wrong... a "Stuffed" chicken sandwich would be OK for KFC, but a BEEF Burger... nuh-uh!

OK, my biggest fear is that all chains start mimicking the menu of everyone else and lose what makes EACH PLACE Special...

Then again, 3D Printers may spell DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! for fast food places...


My local Blockbuster Video is closing down... I know that video rental places are dying due to netflix and the Gaming industry trying to screw the "used game" market... But the folks at Brasil figured out a way to have sneaky ads on their rental DVDs!! By sneaky I mean that they make the disc give you a hint that you should get Pizza from Domino's! That hint is the disc smelling like Pizza after the movie is done and some thermal ink that changes from the disc's cover to a Pizza pie after watching the movie and ejecting the disc! Dude, that's freaking clever and at the same time, not going to help folks who're on a diet! Now THIS is a cool Gimmick!




No comments:

Post a Comment