Mar 26, 2013

Frank Welker: Ascot Wearing, Decepticon Leader and many, MANY other things.

I mean he's one of the few Voice Actor's that I know that has surpassed my favorite VA (Cam Clarke) in the amount of voicework that he's done...

First let's start with the Ascot Wearing Mystery solving Teen...

Yup! Frank Welker has Been Fred Jones In everything except Live Action Scooby stuff and A pup named Scooby Doo!
Hell He became Scooby too! Cause Don Messick (Original Scooby Doo) passed away. So Fred Jones and Scooby Doo share the same VA...

He was also Marvin and the wonderdog on...


He was also Jabberjaw which kinda sounds like Curly (as in the 3 Stooges Curly...) and guess who played Curly in the Three Stooges cartoons? I'll give you a hint... I'm talking about him!

He was in a LOT of Hanna Barbera stuff... He has done some stuff for Marvel cartoons... Like the Robotic substitute for the Human Torch... The Infamous H.E.R.B.I.E. was Frank Welker!

He also seems to be Don Messick's back-up or understudy cause some roles played by Messick were played occasionally by Welker...

And his voice was used on Raiders of the Lost Ark... (I'm guessing that some of the wails from the Face Melting spirits...) He was the Narrator on Zorro: the gay blade...
He was Chomp on Pac Man... Yes, there was a Pac man cartoon...


But let's move on to better stuff...

Here he plays... wait for it... a DOG!! OK, more like a Wolf. Snake Eye's Lupine partner, Timber IS Frank Welker... He also plays Rock 'n Roll and Short-Fuse... Not to mention Wild Bill, Polly and others.



Iceman is Fred Jones... I kid you not! When I first saw this, my brain recognized his voice instantly!

He also did some voices for the G1 Ponies... but you know that I'm going to touch other G1 things...


ORIGINAL MEGATRON AND SOUNDWAVE!! And since I have a soft spot for Soundwave, that's why he's here!

He voiced the thing on The Golden Child... and he's done some smurfs too!
He was also Slimer and Cartoon Ray Stantz... So Transformers, GI Joe, X-Men, and now Ghostbusters... Dude, Frank Welker WAS in a lot of people's childhoods even if we ignore the obvious Hanna Barbera stuff...
and Muppet Babies!! Holy crap! He was in Muppet Babies... I totally did not know that... HOLY CRAP!
Gremlins 2 had him do Mowhawk... He was also Gameboy on Captain N: The Game Master...

OK... He WAS TOKKA AND RAHZAR... I did not know that either... Now I know...

Duude he was the Devil on Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey...

I swear If there's an animal in a cartoon movie chances are it's Frank Welker... Abu and Rajah from Aladdin? Suchi from Captain Planet? Bandit from Jonny Quest? Bronx from Gargoyles? F*** He even voices Anaconda in... wait for it... Anaconda!

No freaking way!

Fred Jones is Shao Kahn's voice!?

This seems a bit shorter, but that is because many, MANY of his works include reprising some roles across various "generations" or "reboots" of series... Holy Crap!! Thanks Mr. Welker for all the entertainment your acting has brought upon me and many children throughout the ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment