May 21, 2012

Looking back: 30 years of MOTU pt. III He-Man in SPACE!

Ah, it's time for the New Adventures of He-Man. Here I have VERY LITTLE to say about on the side of my experiences, since I mostly talked about them on the link there... But I'll recap.
After the original line died, I had moved on to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Meanwhile, Mattel was planning a He-Man comeback... Ditching the Barbarian Sword and Sorcery motif to a more Space Opera kind of thing, He-Man was reborn. Was I into it?
HELL NO! It didn't look or feel like He-Man at all! (or so my child self thought...) I completely ignored the cartoon AND the toyline... (which I encountered before the cartoon) They were WIMPY!!

Fast forward all the way to 2010... I had a chance to have a conversation with Jack Olesker (one of the NA writers) through the He-Man.org forums as I was giving NA another chance, you know what I learned? That I should have given NA a chance when I was a Kid AND that season 2 would have kicked butt... Yes I said this already, but I'm retelling it due to the retrospect thing...

Now it's link to the MOTU Classics line is REALLY SMALL (due to Mattel's apprehension to support New adventures) with 3 figures in 3 years... Not so good for an alleged "All Encompassing line"
worst part is that my Favorite New Adventures characters were "Cartoon only characters" and while Mattel DOES have the rights for New Adventures Cartoon characters, their chances to get made are pretty slim!

Next time We'll tackle the 2002 Reboot of Masters of the Universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment