May 23, 2012

It came from the Toy Chest: Thundaaa Pwnch!!


    



Yes, Thunder Punch He-Man has arrived... Very special thanks to the folks at The Great Rebellion for MY FAVORITE VINTAGE FIGURE!! Woo!! THUNDER PUNCH!! I can almost feel the gunpowdery scent from the spent blast caps...

You hear it here, but you feel it there... If you know what I mean... which is precisely that... nothing dirty about that... Unlike a certain Time Traveler...
Damn! I missed out on the Mighty Sextor... The amount of Penis jokes I could have made... I think I should go back to Thunder Punch He-Man
OOK, so back to Thunder Punch He-Man... He's pretty much just like I remember... Vac Metal shield,and harness... Clear yellowish sword... Mine kinda looks like a pineapple-ish gummy bear color... sadly it tastes like plastic... (had to lick the blade to see if it wasn't candy)
He has a working backpack with it's big honking dial on its back... (unlike Hurricane Hordak's this one spins around) It even fits a "blast cap" ring on his back and his Vac Metal Shield... Just like we remember... Sadly there are not Action Features on the line, so no Blast Cap fueled Thunder Punches...

Now THIS is what has me torn... I still am a strong believer of the Action Features = bad on an Adult collector line, but at the same time Nefty wants some big boom! Also, his backpack didn't need to open up or be able to have the blast cap inserted inside it... It IS kinda cool in a Nostalgic way, but as an Adult Collector item, it is not needed. So, how do we give some THUNDER to the PUNCH on HE-MAN? Simple: An Energy blast that clips on his fist... Can we say SHORYUKEN?

So, let's recap:
Harness, Blast Cap, Backpack, Shield, Shoryuken Energy, Right Fist are the new pieces on Thunder Punch He-Man...

Now unto the ratings part, where 1 is poop and 5 is great!
Articulation:
Same old, same old... Ab Crunch is a bit limited due to his Armor. His ankles are REALLY tight!
4.0

TP He-Man in a Nutshell


Paint and Sculpt:
Sculpt-wise, just like the Vintage Thunderpunch He-Man... Paintwise he's pretty good. Very little slop... or underpainted areas. Sadly my shield had soem vac metal issues (some of it had flaked off and I had to repaint... made it look like an old preternian shield) Also HE IS REALLY PALE... (Paler than Adam...)
4.0 

This is why I hate Vac Metal

Accessories:
Like I've said, I'm torn on the nostalgia appealing side of the accessories, vs their practicality on an Adult Collector line.
4.0

Overall: 4.0
I know what you're thinking: Why give him a lower score if this is my favorite Figure and I LOVE IT a lot?
Well, it's cause I'm being objective... I had to separate my love for this character...

But wait! There's more! Thunder Punch He-Man has an extra secret accessory! One of 3 Mini Comics! 
And I have to believe that Spector is NOT a Mary Sue...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment