Apr 27, 2012

Finally it's starting to look like a 30th Anniversary for MOTU!!

The San Diego Comic Con Exclusive for Masters of the Universe Classics has been Revealed!!
It's Vykron!!


These were Roger Sweet's proto-MOTU ideas
Vikor and Demo-Man were Mark Taylor's.
I swear that looks like an Actual Bobba Fett Helmet
That's a Vykron... I'm not sure what does he do (aside changing his clothes a lot.) But those 3 Characters are the same guy. His place in the MOTUC story is mostly unknown... It seems he's from the times of King Grayskull if we let the leaked pic from the second Mini Comic be our guide. He has a modern era short Loincloth though... (Mostly for the "Bobba Fett" Diaper.) So these guys will be one guy who can be customized into all 3 looks. (Buy all 3 to display all 3... Pretty Sneaky Matty!)

It looks like a Basic Buck with Clip On pieces and swappable Armors with 1 Weapon each...
I know People are Mega Excited about him, but I'm not one of them... I'll explain later.

SDCC 2008: King Grayskull
SDCC 2009: He-Ro
SDCC 2010: Orko with Prince Adam
SDCC 2011: Queen Marlena and Cringer
SDCC 2012: Alternate Prototype Concept He-Man (Codename: Vykron)

While it's a pretty cool exclusive, it's kinda hard to top Queen Marlena and Cringer.

I do see some interesting parts:
The Gloves look similar to those worn by a Fabulous Prince in the Anime Hyper Detailed Era...
While not a Perfect Match, those Tank Boots could be used on Roboto (Repainted of course) to make the 200X Version of him... Or Disks of Doom Skeletor...
The bracers could also be used for a 200X He-Man Classicized...
The AK from Tank-Top could be a nice weapon for Purple Deadpool... I mean The Mighty Spector...


The good news is that THIS exclusive hits ALL the required spots for a SDCC Exclusive.
-It's a cool figure with lots of stuff that can't be crammed on a regular release.
-It's not a KEY Character, so if you can't get it there's not a HUGE Gap in your collection

Now, does it ACTUALLY FIT the MOTU's 30th?
It does a LOT BETTER than Spector, Draego-Man or Laser-Lot! I mean this and the Mark Taylor concepts (Vikor and Demo-Man) are what gave Birth to Masters of the Universe!

Why am I not THAT excited?
I get the reasoning to doing him as an exclusive, but We have Filmation rights, this would have been the perfect place to release a Filmation Character like Scorpia or a Deluxe He-Man with enough pieces to make the Mini Comics version, Filmation AND 200X Versions of him.

IF I were to get one He'd be mostly Custom Fodder and I'd probably keep him in Barbarian mode...

If the buck doesn't succumb to the customization virus...

1 comment:

  1. I never knew about this concept guy(s) but I think he's perfect as an exclusive because people can skip him. I'm not sure how many I'll buy.

    ReplyDelete