Feb 1, 2012

Tonight I dine on Turtle Soup!! Or some awesome TMNT Toys!

Cowabunga Dudes!


Guess who's come back in Toy form?
I'll give you a Hint: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Not only that, but the Turtles are taking the Thundercats approach! 2 Lines: One based on the new toon and the other based on the Oldest Toon! (I have to say Oldest, since 2003/FF/BTTS have taken the Old spot) Click on the links to see the original article.

Now here are my thoughts on the new show Turtles Toys:
At first I was disappointed when I read the whole scale of the line is 4.25" to 4.75" that varies between figures... Until I measured my Commemorative Turtles... They're 4.25" So, in theory the old turtles should be compatible with the new ones. (Sure the new ones have better articulation, but the old ones do not have that ugly third toe!!)
There seems to be very little parts reuse on the Turtles, which is cool... Also check out the amount of detail in them... I haven't seen detailed TMNT since the 1990s... The last few Turtle toys were lacking a lot of detailing... (Stupid CGI Movie!!)
Well, it seems that Playmates IS bringing their A Game! Aside the normal Turtles, they also have a set of Turtles with Action Features... eh... I'm a bit worried about this... Playmates can be a bit crazy and weird in the gimmick department...
Deluxe Power Sound FX Figures:
Talking Turtles. It seems that if you hold an arm or a leg back, it'll say a phrase until you let go of the limb. Not my cup of tea, but these may be the TMNT for the kids and kids DO like these...

Vehicles!! The Party Wagon got a Badass Makeover and is now called the Shellraiser. Looks like a Train Wagon mixed with the VW Type 2 that was the Original Party Wagon.
A Turtle themed Motorbike is coming as well... It's called the Rippin' Rider. They have Donatello riding it... Its 2003 Counterpart was ridden by Raphael... But don't worry Raph, you seem to have your own ride!

Meet the Ninja Stealthbike... Seems incredibly impractical... It's not like they're giving Michelangelo an Oversized Skateboard... probably based on the Vintage Cheapskate... Wait, they actually GAVE MICHELANGELO a ridiculously oversized skateboard!? Sewer Spinning Skateboard... It does tricks... I guess by using something similar to Jakks Pacific's GX Skate toys...

There's a Bike for The foot clan! The dragon Bike... It allows the Foot Ninja Riding it to do a flip and land in front of it...

Ho-Ly Crap!! They have a Playset... not just a playset, but a Ginormous Multi Story Monstrosity that has a bit of an alley and a Super Tall Sewer base. Sure The playset is mostly a back wall with some ledges but that thing looks like it is almost 4 feet tall!! Picture a multi tiered humongous battle there... We also got a sneak peek at how the characters look! I have to do a bit of research on the show now... cause all I know is that Leonardo is voiced by the guy who *bleep!*ed an apple pie...

OK:
-Jason 'I had sex with an Apple Pie' Biggs is Leonardo.
-Sean Astin is Raphael... I don't want to make a Lord of the Rings reference here... His father played Professor Gangreen in the Killer Tomatoes movies... and was the Original Gomez Addams... Crap! Encino Man Reference it is... He's the one that is not Brendan Frasier or Pauly Shore...
-Greg 'Beastboy' Cipes is Michelangelo... That's all I got...
-Hoon Lee: Master Splinter... I seriously have no idea who he is... imdb is not helping me here...
-Mae Whitman: April O'Neil, she was Tinkerbell in the Tinkerbell movies, Katara from The Last Airbender and my favorite Ninja from Wutai, Yuffie Kisaragi! (except in Kingdom Hearts 1 where Yuffie was played by Kim Possible)
-Oh yeah I'm forgetting Donatello! He is crude but cool! Gimme a break! ...wait I thought that Donatello does Machines... Ugh! Rob 'The Original Raphael' Paulsen is Donatello... NARF! Yes, Rob Paulsen has been in a LOT of VA work... Pinky and the Brain, Original TMNT toon, Animaniacs, Metal Gear Solid, GI Joe, heck! he even was Hadji! Holy crap! he WAS Hydro Man? Now I know... and knowing is half the battle...
-Wait! I'm forgetting the Shredder... Kevin Michael Richardson... I want to avoid references to The Cleveland Show, or Armless Panthro... So I'll go with the Kingdom Hearts version of Sebastian the Crab... Or maybe Commander Scott Dolph from MGS2 Sons of Liberty... Nah! I need something more recognizable... General Aguila from the awful TMNT Movie!!


Nice cast they got for this show and so far it has zero Equestrians!

No, I have NOT forgotten about the Classics!
They HAVE A LOT OF Articulation... I'd say more than the NECA Turtles... Looks like they have Individually Articulated fingers... (That may pose a problem with the weapons.) But they look like a Hybrid of the Old Toon with the Vintage toys... I really spent a lot of time hyping the new stuff, but the Classics is what I'm more interested about...

Top 10 Figures I wanna see in the Classics TMNT Line: (That are NOT The Turtles)
1: Splinter
2: Shredder
3: April O'Neil
4: Casey Jones
5: Rocksteady
6: Bebop
7: Foot Soldier
8: Leatherhead
9: Baxter Stockman (Mutant Fly)
X: Krang

No comments:

Post a Comment