Oct 20, 2011

It came from the Toy Chest: Stand back! There's a Hurricane coming through!


Just cause I used The Hurricane's tagline, doesn't mean I'm actually going to do a review of THAT Hurricane... I've already used that type of joke with Raven, Question, and Leech... I really need new people writing the comedy bits! I can't *bleep* work like this! Whoa! for a moment there I felt like Christian Bale...
Looks like I can't keep beating around the bush... THIS is what I'm going to review...

well, the MOTUC version of him, anyway...
As always 1 = bad and 5 = good...

Articulation:
Hurricane Hordak IS pretty much Standard Hordak but with something similar to the Filmation Arm cannon!

Here he gets a 3.5

Paint and Sculpt:
Ooh... the part I did want to avoid is inevitable right now...

I think it was more of a ball dropping sound...
I mean for all the crying about tooling budget that Mattel does, yet they bothered to spend tooling money on a new armor for Hordak to replicate a Vintage dial that NO LONGER WORKS! Not only that, but as I said in the linked post, they're doing it wrong! The arm cannon looks cool, the hurricane attachments look awesome... his Thunder balls look veiny and...that sounds so freaking wrong... his sword-like pincer thing looks like it even has points of articulation... (it does not)... So aside the dial, everything is awesome, sculptwise...
The paint is OK... Except the Vac-Metal parts. I WAS OK with them on the Mo-Larr review, cause it was on the weapons and Mo-Larr was an Exclusive for SDCC. While I don't Have
Preternia Dissguise He-Man, I'm OK with Vac Metal ON The Cosmic Key... Heck! I want a Vac Metal set of swords for He-Man and She-Ra! What I'm NOT OK with is Vac Metal on MOTUC Armors... They kinda look... Tacky. HH's Armor clashes with He-Ro, Bow, She-Ra, Randor and any other character that wears golden armors. OK, so I Hate Vac Metal Armors, I'll deal with that later... (Except if we get a God Skeletor)


but one thing I can't stand is the flaking off. My Hurricane Hordak was flaking gold everywhere... A few minutes after handling him I kinda looked like this:

Not Cool, Mattel, Not cool at all. At this rate, we'll get Buzz saw Hordak and HH would just be partially de-Vac-Metallized.
2.0

I should've gone with a: "Looks like our killer is... From Mattel!" joke.
Accessories:
He has the 3 attachments just like you remember. Sadly, they don't Spin just like you remember... Mattel kinda forgot how to make a free turning drum inside the arm. Other than that, he's got nothing... Best part: Roboto's pieces and Trap Jaw's pieces work on him... so in a way, he has access to 10 Accessories! Shame that they didn't add an Extra Hand...
4.5

Overall:
He gets a 3.33 Mostly cause of the severe flake off... I had to take matters into my own hands. I decided to give him a new paintjob... First I needed to get rid of the remaining Vac Metal... Otherwise the paint would flake off... A Hot Wheels collector/customizer told me that oven cleaner ate Vac Metal. So I ovencleaned the heck out of him. Here's a tip: Wear gloves!
Tip #2: HH's Torso is black underneath the Vac Metal, while the armor is gold.

A slight Paintjob change later has made me LOVE this figure A LOT MORE!! Even the dial looks a lot better in black!

No comments:

Post a Comment