Sep 17, 2011

IT came from the Toy Chest: I don't want to be banished!

Or thrown in a Dungeon, or Banished and then imprisoned in the place I was Banished to...

Like That...
Yes, I finally got Princess Celestia!

Huh!? What's this!? I can't start the review and I already got Trolled by Celestia...


Heck! I haven't been that Trolled since Swift Wind...

Problem?

Alright, here's the Princess...
Before I start the review, let's take a look at the package. We already saw the Front, with the pink horse and stuff... while a picture of the White Celestia is looking at you with a smile. The inside is decorated like a beautiful Background shot of Canterlot that you can actually see once you take Celestia out of the equation. Now let's take a look at the back. We get some blurbs of info like: Her action features, some of her quotes, AND a picture of a Little girl playing with Celestia. As if Hasbro needed to remind people that Celestia is a toy for Little Girls... (sorry fellow bronies, Hasbro hates us...) While the little girl is having fun with Celestia, the ones TRULY having fun are her parents... Who will keep reminding her of this

Wait a minute! Look at the pic again... The one of the back of the box... HER CELESTIA IS PALER THAN MINE!! That one looks almost WHITE!! Grrrr....

I should get on to the review part before I get sent to the Moon!
Y'all already know the standard ratings, 1 = bad and 5 = good!
Articulation:
The Princess has 3! Three points of Articulation! Her head and her wings (but those work through an Action Feature... more on that later.) Standard curve she's get a 1.5 But using the MLP curve she gets a 5!
Paint and Sculpt:
She's pretty much molded in PANK! Not quite Pinkie Pie Pink, but close... The eyes and cutie mark are tampographed. The "Shoes" are painted in a darker pink... almost Magenta.
Aside from being in the WRONG colors, (Including the hair) they did a decent job on her. Also her Necklace covers the only visible screw on the toy (The one used to change the batteries).
4.0
Accessories:

She's got the Brush, The Tiara and Necklace (Removable) and 4 barettes! No animal sidekick on the Princess. So this would give her a rough 4.0

Action Features:


While this part won't count for her overall score, If I were to rate them she gets a 3.0
The wings glowing look pretty cool and I like the wing flapping action... (gives some movement to these static ponies.) Now the one thing I DESPISE! is her voice and quotes! Not Celestia-esque at all... That is the curse of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
The show is made for all audiences, the toys are made for Little girls.
Overall Score:
3.17 The Princess scored pretty high even with the Limited Articulation and wrong colors... It's not like I'm going to put her on display with my MOTUc, but she does look great with the Mane Six! (If there was a Target in my Area, I would've gotten Princess Luna... Damn you Target Exclusives!!)



I'll do the Pony curve then...
She gets a 4 Blame the Voice Action Feature for losing a bit of points here...

No comments:

Post a Comment