Sep 14, 2011

Filmation is possible in MOTUC: Who'd make my list?

The Shadow Weaver reveal at SDCC 11 was the Filmation surprise that some people kinda knew it was coming... (Making HER the Sub exclusive was the only bad news...) Now here's a list of Filmation Characters that I'd like to see and a list of characters I definitely DO NOT want to see... (I'm not doing a Jetlag list since it would be Crita, Sebrian, Mara, Drissi, Caz, NA Adam and the 4 Scientists) This list will not contain Filmation Variants of MOTU characters... Cause Mattel said no to those, but yes to Filmation versions of POP characters

Let's start with the Wants:
Image Detail
Melaktha: Heroic Royal Archeologist
He's like the Indy of MOTU, but a bit closer to real archeologists than Indy. Also he's had Multiple appearances on the series, which could help him get made.

Kothos:
Like Melaktha, the Evil Wizard Kothos had More than one appearance. He would require a Larger body to be sculpted, which translates into less chances for him getting made... Still I would want him.
The Trollans (Uncle Montork and Dree-Elle)


You might think, "Hey that's cheating!" but to be fair, Orko is nothing more than an accessory... These 2 reuse Orko's body and would require only one or 2 newly sculpted pieces... per Trollan. Also they've got more than one appearance... Montork could easily be one of the Overlords of Trolla.


Shokoti: Evil Dark Goddess
She only had ONE appearance, but it was in the Popular 2 part Episode: The House of Shokoti
The Dark Goddess has a decent group of followers... She'd be Perfect in a 2 pack with the Following character on my list!


Masque: Shokoti's Devout Evil Servant
As I said on Shokoti, Masque is a requirement to have her. Personally I'm not THAT fond of the chracter, BUT he IS a necessity in the same way that we NEEDED a Marlena figure. As you can see he seems pretty easy to do (toywise) as he'd reuse a LOT of parts!

Image Detail
Sea Hawk
He's the Jack Sparrow of POP... Bow ates him because he's stealing his thunder... Also he looks like Jonny Quest's Dad!! Dammit! Now I have the Quest theme playing on my head! He's also had more than one appearance...

The Starchild:
She'd probably be an accessory given her size. she's also got more than one appearance on her side.

Image Detail
Scorpia: The Pinching... uh beauty?
She's PoP and Horde... in the words of Charlie Sheen: Bi-Winning!
Image Detail
Octavia: I'm sorry but I can't give her a PoP tagline since they involve pretty stuff...
Horde Octopus chick... I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going... and it probably involves my MOTUC shelves...

Image Detail
Madame Razz (with Broom)
They are part of the few others who know Adora's Secret... It's about time that we get these 2...

Now for the ABSOLUTE DO NOT WANTS!!

The Spirit of Evil
He's supposed to be Satan or something... Look at him, now you see why I don't want him in MOTUC!? He looks like a flaming turd! I would take LOKUS (The winged orangutan thing)


Crackers the Clown:
No, just don't... Must resist temptation and avoid mentioning that his head kinda looks like a penis...

Zagraz: The Comet Keeper
He's got apparently 2 appearances, but his design is too generic and I don't find him appealing.

The Widgets:

Too Hobbit-wannabes for my tastes... They also have a He-Signal to call He-Man... Kinda like Batman...

Plundor Teh Spoiler
Half Bugs Bunny, Half Captain Planet Villain... Guess why I don't want him...

There's more Filmation characters, some I like, others that I'm indifferent to... As they say "What might be right for you, may not be right for some"... Some may agree, others may disagree but those are my top wants and DO NOT wants from Filmation!

No comments:

Post a Comment