Jul 8, 2011

It came from the Toy Chest: Mattel Lies!!

Wondering why I said Mattel lies?
Look at the toy that I'm reviewing... LOOK AT HIS FACE!!
Now look at his name... See my Point?
Now that I got that Out of My System Let's begin the review of Mr. Powers...
Ooh Behave! Sorry I had to get that out of my system...
The Faceless One. At first glance he looks like he has a buttload of new parts... Well he does have some new stuff like his cape and loincloth.
I need to point out that the cape is made out of 3 pieces. The central cape/Armor and the shoulder pads. Probably made this way to allow some more range of Articulation.
The Loincloth is like Marzo's... (Segmented to avoid hindering the Articulation.) It's very soft...
Speaking of soft stuff.. His Left Hand is Almost Catra Soft. I think it's a warped Marzo Hand... cause Marzo can't hold the Ram Stone like the "Faceless" One. He Has his head which is new (and with a face) and a Repaint of the Havok staff...

Now unto the scoring part of the Review: As always 1 = Crap and 5 = Awesome!
Articulation:
He's Got the Standard MOTUC Articulation (No big surprise there) When Wearing his cape his upper body articulation is limited a bit... 4.0
Paint and Sculpt:
WHY OH WHY DOES HE HAVE A Face!? He kinda looks like Destro!
The cape is nicely sculpted... "Classicizing" the 200X look of the character while adapting to the
Classics style... Paintwise he's OK, No real signs of slop or anything... Not too fond of the paint job. His hood looks Purple instead of Black and his eyes are gray. Looks like His head and hood will hit the paint soon... 4.0
Accessories:
He's got a Ram Stone and a Havok Staff...
Honestly I HATE The Havok Staff... The glowy effect looks better in pics than in real life. Also it kinda makes it hard for me to display 2 Havok staffs! (says the guy with a rainbow of power swords in his display.) Oh so this is what the "200X" Evil Lyn weapons are for...

The Ram Stone is super neat! 3.5

Overall 3.83
He's not a bad figure, but he's just not that WOW inducing... The only Wow inducing factor is that we knew he was coming in May 2011 back in 2009... He got delayed one month...

No comments:

Post a Comment