Jun 25, 2011

Odds and ends: No More Columbo and other stuff.

Peter Falk, known to many of us as Columbo has passed away. He was also the grandpa on the Cool Movie with Andre The Giant, a guy who looks like Bow, the kid from Wonder Years and
Jen Ny! from Forrest Gump! (The movie makes also as a nice Vintage MOTU checklist...)
He was being treated for Alzheimer's Disease... IMHO the worst Disease for a person...

Nick premiered the New Voltron show. The idea is cool although a bit over used... Feels like a Stephen J. Cannell take on Voltron. Since my Provider does NOT have Nicktoons I only saw the premiere online that Nick.com had. Love the voice acting and the overused SJC plot... Hate the new kid protagonists and the art style... Wish I could see more of it to be more objective.

Marvel is Killing Peter Parker... No not the Devil Dealing Momma's boy, but the Ultimate Universe version of Spidey... I bet this is a silly event to shake the Ultimate universe to it's core... Wouldn't be surprised if a "Spider-Clone" takes the Mantle... Or if the whole thing sucks, ret-con it to have the real Peter switched with a clone somewhere during the last few issues before his "death".

Tomorrow starts the 4th Season of True Blood... I recently saw the previous 3 seasons and I'm now hooked... If I could describe True Blood in one sentence I guess it would be: What would happen if Twilight was Super Badass and did not have to cater to tween girls... Well True Blood is ten times more awesome than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment