May 5, 2011

It came from the Toy Chest: Deflocked and Purrfect!

Panthor is here! Skeletor's evil counterpart to Battle Cat has finally been added to the MOTUC ranks!

His Package is Identical to Battle Cat's. Once released you can see how similar he is to Battle Cat. If I were Lazy I'd point you to Battle Cat's Review and call it a day. I won't cause I gots to rant. Like I hoped in Battle Cat's Review, this kitteh is not flocked. More on that later. The packaging had some Eco-Friendly Twist ties... I'm surprised to see them!

I think I should start on the review itself before I begin to repeat myself! As always 1 = crap and 5 = awesome!
Articulation:
Like MOTUC Battle Cat he's got 28 PoA. Anything BC can do Panthor can do as well. Sadly my Panthor has a bit of the bobblehead syndrome. 4.0
Sculpt & Paint:
He's pretty much a Battle Cat reuse except the head. Panthor's got new sculpt. The differences are minimal (almost to the point of being called "waste of tooling". I used to think that before I got him in hand.) I am extremely surprised that I like the head. The paint job is pretty awesome on the figure. The Purple shades seem to give him a shiny fur coat that looks a tad better than flock (in my opinion.) He seems to have no paint slop... (Is it a miracle?) My thoughts on Flocking in general will be dealt on another topic.
5.0
Accessories:
Panthor has his Armor as his accessory. It seems that Lt. Spector suggested a helmet for Panthor with a Havoc Staff inspired Motif. He looks like a giant ram while wearing it. It looks silly as heck, but I LOVE IT!!
5.0
Overall:
4.7
It seems that Panthor IS AS awesome as Battle Cat.




No comments:

Post a Comment