Mar 11, 2011

Movie scenes that ruined my experience

Have you been watching a movie and suddenly one scene completely ruins the moment (either a character says one line or the actions are completely strange that break the suspension of disbelieve)
I have and here's a small list of movies and hopefully the scene that ruins it for me and why.
I'll start the list with Enough. This movie stars J-Lo as a mother who is a victim of abuse and stalked by her abusive husband.
She spend most of the movie on the run. She then becomes a Krav Maga Master (thanks to a montage). She then stalks her husband; enters his house; rearranges furniture to avoid any accidents on her part; she locates any object that could be used as a weapon and hides it. She also cuts his Telephone line AND brings a cellphone jammer. To top things off she plants evidence incriminating him when he's killed. All of this to make it look like Self-Defense. This is NOT what ruins it for me. It's the whole "Supervillain monologuing" Like the Bond Bad guys...
I've got you Mr. Bond. You are strapped to this rack and this laser will slice you in two. Allow me to tell you about my master plan to ruin the economy...
Next on my List is an easy and hard one: Spider-Man 3.
Why, what could have ruined it for me? To be honest, Pretty much everything.
Since it's too much to put videoclips (and the lack of certain clips on the web)
Where should I start?
  • Topher Grace: I'm not exactly TG's biggest fan. I knew he was playing Eddie Brock and I could barely tolerate him as Brock. I thoughtNow that he's got the symbiote I won't have to see his face again... How wrong I was... I got MORE TOPHER GRACE, but with Baraka Teeth!
  • The whole Harry dynamic. While in the comics the Osborns are amnesia prone it felt weird in the movie.
  • New York ♥ Spidey? NOT AT ALL! People HATE Spidey (mostly thanks to the Bugle) They wouldn't be celebrating Spidey-Day in NYC. This was the first time my Spider-sense tingled.
  • The musical numbers! Am I watching Spider-Man 3 or High School Musical? I had Peter Dancing, Harry and Mary Jane Dancing, Peter Dancing at the bar. The Raindrops keep falling on my head scene from the previous movie was OK. This time it was too much! I could've used the time from those dance numbers and... I don't know, give us more Sandman, "Green Snowboarder" or Venom?
  • Emo Pete... King of the dorky beat! I get that the symbiote changes his personality, but WHY the emo hairdo?
  • Last but not Least the AMERICA F**K YEAH! moment from Spider-man 3
This scene! It was cute in the first movie, cause the whole 9/11 thing. Overstayed it's welcome by Spider-man 2. By Spider-Man 3 I remember a bunch of people who yelled ♪America! F**K Yeah!♫ at the movie theater.

Next one on the list:
The T-Rex in San Diego scene from The Lost World: Jurassic Park
A Godzilla homage? Believe it! There are some things that should never be done and Bringing Dinos to San Diego is at the top of my Spielberg don'ts list... Like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... or Walkie Talkies on E.T. ... Sadly Steven Spielberg did them (probably to piss off Dawson)

It's called Jurassic Park! Not Dinos rampaging on the US!! Look at that Spielberg! you made Dawson sad!

Next on my list is DragonBall: Evolution. To be fair; I already knew this movie was a ball of suck wrapped in a diarrheal coat of failure. The moment that killed the movie completely (for me) was Goku's training for the Kamehameha.


Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...
I'm sorry Dawson, but you know this scene sucked! It was way to over the top even for Indiana Jones... (We had the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, even Mola Ramm fall short to Indy vs a nuke) Notice the lack of LaBeouf on the scene that killed it for me... Everything else went downhill from here... Shia LaBeouf, Swinging with Monkeys and the conclusion...

Star Wars Episode: episode I: The Phantom Menace is my movie on the list.
Two things: Midichlorians, and NASCAR: Tattooine edition.
It just dragged on and on and on! 10 minutes of excruciating torture... If I wanted to watch NASCAR, I'd watch NASCAR... not Star Wars... 10 minutes felt like 4 hours...
Midichlorians... UGH! Reducing the mystic powers of the Force to a weird cell disease... Not Cool George Lucas!


No comments:

Post a Comment