Nov 27, 2009

It's time to talk about Montana...

No... not Hannah... I'm gonna talk about Tony Montana, the third Scarface. (the first is Al Capone and Scarface II is Tony Camonte, who was the inspiration for the Cooban Political Refugee Tony Montana) And here comes the part where I put on a video clip of Tony...
....
....
....
....
....
....
Where de clip, men? Oyeme, you gotta put on de clip right now! okay?

Words of Wisdom. From a man who got that scar from eating... pineapple!

Yeah! you heard me! It was from eating... pineapple! Not eating other stuff...

He's a cool Cooban Political Refugee, men! He's the bad guy! played by none other than Al Pacino. Who was also Michael Corleone...


I said Al Pacino was Also Michael Corleone... That was a hint to put on a Godfather clip... Seriously, you've got to stop drinking coquitos before blogging...
Now back to Tony. Why am I ranting about Tony Montana?
Gangsta Rappers...
They all worship the guy! I know Tony Montana is cool and all that, but those guys worship him for the wrong reasons!! They just see a poor guy who rose to power and went on a crazy shopping spree because he has money. Pretty much every "self Respecting Gangsta rapper" has Scarface merchandise, posters, and they got hundreds of copies of the movie to play it in every TV in their houses.

I'm not sure which Scarface movie they're watching, cause the Scarface movie that I've seen tells the story of Tony Montana: His rise to power and HIS FALL FROM GRACE.
I'm not sure if these Gangsta rappers have seen the entire movie. But Tony loses everything because he let it get to his head. ( like most of these guys do...) They say they come from the streets. Are they Homeless? DO they live in intersections so they can be from the streets? The's a street in front of my home. So, am I from the street? Whoa! Gangsta existentialism... either I'm starting to see a deeper layer on the seemingly shallow world of Gangsta rap or I'm drunk... Remember kids, do NOT drink or drive... I better start playing some TMNT Smash up... Right after this article!!

The appeal of Tony (and his story) is that Tony is a tragic character. He is the bad guy, yet there is some charm and charisma in there. He tried to help his family, but he destroyed it by poisoning his little Gina with his world. He had honor for a criminal. He was likable, that's what can make people like Tony's character.

But he DIES IN THE END!!! Why? Because he thought he was invincible. He was corrupted by his power (and coke) so he never saw it coming... The same guy who the gangsta rappera idolize was killed because he was blinded by excess (as in the same ones the rappers have... You've all seen them on MTV Cribs) I don't mind that they like Scarface. I just hate it because of THIER (misguided) love of Scarface, everyone thinks that I LIKE Scarface because I wanna be Gangsta...

I don't want to be associated with this, just because I love Scarface...

I just wish the "gangsta rappers" took stuff I didn't like to idolize... I just hope they don't take Solid Snake from me...

No comments:

Post a Comment